Today Derek & I celebrated 4:28 Day. You might be wondering if you missed a holiday, but don't worry this is one we totally made up.
Derek & I met at summer camp. With no radios allowed at camp, we didn't have an "our song" so Derek came up with the idea of setting his watch alarm to go off at a certain time everyday. We picked 4:28 because I was born in April (4) and Derek's birthday is the 28th of December. When the summer was over and we were headed back to our respective colleges (500 miles apart), Derek bought me a matching watch and set it to go off every day at 4:28. Our wedding even started at exactly 4:28. We don't do the watch thing anymore but we do celebrate 4:28 Day.
Derek called me at work at 4:28. When I got home I found a vase full of Daisies on the table. We ate left-over lasagna. Then while Kaylee was at ballet, Derek & the boys & I went to the high school track. Derek ran 5 miles while I ran 1.5. (I won't tell you how many times he lapped me). The boys played soccer in the in-field while we were running. After we picked Kaylee up from ballet, she watched the boys for an hour while Derek & I went on a "hot date." Our "hot date" consisted of going to Sonic for a limeade (my first time- yummy!) and Meijer to buy milk. Exciting, huh?
Well, even if we aren't exciting or incredible romantic. It's still fun to hold on to a little of our youth and remember when we were first in love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
thats so cool! and very cute... :)
I think that IS incredibly romantic. So sweet.
And Sonic - Oooooohhhhhh, now that says love. LOVE ME A CHERRY LIMEAID!
Love the 4:28 idea. It doesn't matter where you go or what you do...it's spending time with the one you love (even on the track or in Meijer). It's always fun reminiscing about our "beginnings"...I was just doing the same thing today with my mother-in-law (D and I have an anniversary coming up so our "beginning" has been on my mind a lot lately). Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment