Monday, December 28, 2009

Happy Birthday Derek

This post is to wish a happy birthday to the man of the house. As most of you know, we don't have "traditional gender roles" in our home. I am the "breadwinner" while Derek is the "home maker." Well let me tell you, in my opinion, it takes a real man to be a home maker. He homeschools the kids (and if you've met my boys you know that's no easy task), does virtually all of the cooking & cleaning, takes care of the finances, repairs the cars, cuts the grass, serves on the board of directors of the swim team, is an elder in the church and does it all with a great attitude. I couldn't hope to accomplish half of what he does most days. He's a great example to our children that real men follow God's calling for their lives even if it isn't typical and isn't glamorous.

Happy Birthday, Babe! I hope you have a great day. You deserve it.

Photobucket

1 comment:

beckyjomama said...

Happy Birthday Derek! We love ya!