Kaylee gave Derek a neat photo frame.
Nate gave Derek a creme brulee set.
Max gave Derek a trip to the ER.
Just as church was ending, Max fell off a chair, and hit the back of his head on the corner of a cabinet. I was the teacher, thank goodness, so I was right there to pick him up to comfort him. But the I took one look at the back of his head and realized we'd be making a trip to the ER. St. John Macomb got us in immediately. 5 staples later we were on our way. Max was a trooper through the whole thing. The Dr. & Nurse couldn't believe how calm he was getting the staples (he did cry but he didn't struggle). We promised him blue gum and a blue slurpee for being so brave.
Next year I'm picking out Max's gift for Derek.

No comments:
Post a Comment