Thursday, January 27, 2011

Kindergarten Mom Nerves REMIXED

Change is coming. On Monday, Kaylee, who has been homeschooled for the last 7 years will start public school for the first time. She is officially enrolled at Arts Academy in the Woods, a Performing Arts High School chartered through the Macomb Intermediate School District.

It's a BIG little change. We are starting slow. She's only taking 1 class this semester and finishing the academic year at home. But even though its only 1 class it feels huge to us.

I don't remember feeling this excited and nervous about her education before. It sort of feels like Kindergarten nerves, on steroids! I'm sure she'll be fine, but we'd love to have your prayers for her (and us!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd love to pray for Kaylee and your family. How exciting (and I can see how that would be nerve-wrecking too)! I like how you compared it to Kindergarten nerves (which I can SO relate to) on steroids! I love your wit and humor Kelli. I am certain Kaylee will succeed. Mom and Dad have been the best teachers afterall...and those seeds have been planted and watered well!

Kelly said...

Will be praying today. Wow that decision came up quickly. Glad to hear you can start her off at a slow pace. Let us know how things are going. I'll be praying for peace for her parents, I realize how much of a big decision this was.