Saturday, December 13, 2008

25 Christmas Questions

Becky Jo posted these 25 Christmas Questions on her blog and tagged her readers to do the same. Here are my answers. If you have a blog, I invite you to play along.

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate with a shot of peppermint!

2.Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? No Santa here- we celebrate CHRISTmas.

3. Colored lights on house/tree or white? Colored blinking lights on the tree. White iciles on the house if Derek hangs them up. (He really doesn't like to do it.)

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope

5.When do you put your decorations up? We usually do the tree on the Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend but this year we were a little late. We put it up on Friday.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Cranberry Stuffing

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? I remember staying up really late (like 4:30am) with my brother when we were about 14 & 12 to "prove" Santa didn't exist. We had paper routes and the papers came so we ended up not getting any sleep- instead we delivered our papers opened our presents then went to bed. Kind of a goofy memory but remembering the harmony my brother & I had gives me a warm fuzzy feeling. It was a good time in our relationship.


8.When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don't remember exactly but I didn't believe at 14 (see above).

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We usually opened 1. Now my kids usually get PJs on Christmas eve.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? A mixture of heirlooms, fun cheap ornaments and expensive crystal ones. But after Nate broke 3 ornaments in a row this year (luckily the cheap ones) I decided not to get out the special ones.

11. Snow. Love it or dread it? Mostly love it- but I eventually get sick of it.

12. Can you ice skate? Yes

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I kept the teddy bear that I got for my first Christmas for 30-some years. I think it might still be in storage in my crawl space.

14. What is the most important thing about the holidays to you? Celebrating the birth of Christ. We read the Christmas story from Luke first thing on Christmas morning and we look at the holidays as an opportunity to make sure that the people around us know what our faith is.

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Grandma VanZuese's Christmas Fudge but I haven't had any in at least 5 years. Second best is Buckeyes.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Stuffing Stockings

17. What tops your Christmas tree? A sad little angel made from a white sheet and a foam ball that Kaylee made when she was 4.

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving but I don't like to be forgotten on the receiving end.

19. What is your favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night

20. Candy Canes. Yum or Yuck? YUM

21. What do you want for Christmas? I'd like a new lens for the Camera but I already got a Caribbean Cruise and that was delightful.

22. Do you attend an annual Christmas party? Not really, Derek's old job had one that was a big semi-formal deal. It was fun bk (before kids). My work has a luncheon during the work day- not really a big deal.

23. Do you dress up for Christmas Eve or wear PJ's? Dress up for church, then new PJ's for bed!

24. Do you own a Santa hat? Yes but we don't do much with it.

25. Who do you normally spend Christmas with? Christmas Eve with the Timms- then usually Christmas Day on our own.

No comments: