Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Teenager!!

At 11:18 today, we officially entered the Parents of Teenagers club! My first baby is now 13. Wow. And in four and half years she could be going away to college. Double wow. I'm not really nervous about having a teenager in the house. In fact, I'm looking forward to it. The older Kaylee gets, the more I like her. (Someone remind me of that later, o.k.?)

She's really a good kid. She loves God and she tries hard to be Christ-like. She's generally kind and very generous. She's a good friend. She is a slob, but she gets that from me, so what can I say about that?

I'm sure we have lots of fun times ahead of us. I mean that both literally and sarcastically. But the bottom line is she'll always be my baby, and I love her very much.

Photobucket
Happy Birthday Kaylee

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kaylee! Kelli- I'll be coming to you in the years to come for that "girly teenager advice" and how to handle em'! You can live and learn and tell us all the "do's" and "don'ts".

Glad you are enjoying this stage of your relationship with your daughter...that's beautiful (and something I am looking forward to)!

beckyjomama said...

Happy Birthday Kaylee!!!! Love ya!

And, Kelli ... what Amanda said! I will be needing that advice too!

Kelly said...

Happy Birthday Kaylee. Glad it's you first!