Saturday, January 9, 2010

Snow Play is a No Play

I'm not much of a playing out in the cold kind of person. Playing out in the snow is so far off my radar that I often don't even remember to buy my kids snow boots. Nate sometimes wants to play out in the snow but usually gives up pretty quickly. (Maybe he'd last longer with snow boots instead of rain boots.) On New Years Eve, Nate and a bunch of kids played outside, but Max turned down the opportunity and chose to stay inside and play with cars. He seems to be taking after me.

Today, Nate decided to play outside and Max-the-copy-cat said he wanted to go too. I bundled them both up. I found some of Nate's old gear for Max, but we only had pink gloves for Nate and I still have not bought him new snow boots. Nate refused to wear the pink snow gloves and instead put on thin stretchy black mittens. Then he put on his camouflage rubber rain boots. He lasted 3 minutes. I didn't even get a picture because he was already back inside taking off the snow gear before I came down with camera.

Max lasted a little bit longer. I managed to find him a pair of Nate's old snow boots. So he stomped around in the snow for about 10 minutes. I'm torn. I guess I should buy them better snow gear but I hate to spend the money on it when they don't really seem to like the cold. Hopefully I can find some stuff on sale today. If anyone has any outgrown boys snow gear in Nate's size I know a boy who might put it to use.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

No comments: