Thursday, September 18, 2008

Swim Team update

Nate finished his first trial week of swim team. He really likes it. And honestly, I already see improvement in his swimming. If next week goes well I think we'll be signing up. Nate's buddy from church, Ian, is also doing the trial period and seems to be having a good time too. Hopefully its something they can do together.

As soon as he was done with practice tonight Nate came up to the glass window and mouthed "Can we go to McDonalds?" So I am making a new rule about snacks, we will bring a snack to eat right after practice, we will not stop on the way home or buy something from a vending machine. We stopped at the store and I let him pick a special drink (Kool-aid bottles) and snack (Yo-gos rolls) that will only be for after swim practice. Only slightly healthier than McDonalds but at least a lot cheaper!

1 comment:

Aron and Erica said...

Good thinking, Mom. Way to teach the value of a buck! And bonus points for the healthy factor; I don't know what yo-gos rolls are, but it has to beat Micky D's. Only downside...no excuse to get the fountain diet coke. Oh well, though, who needs caffiene that late anyway?

P.S. Isabelle is loving her gift! Thank you Max & family!